Monday, July 28, 2008

kindergarten 1.0

...because this is only the teaser day. kindergarten kids get brought in for one day out of the first week of school and then are forced to go back to their old routines for the rest of the week. so today was georgia's day. she was ready to go, uniformed up, and excited beyond belief despite the crying kid who was pried from his mother's clutches and ran screaming from the poor teacher assistant like some kind of wildebeast. i shed a couple of tears but it was less painful than i thought. i was way more sad sitting at work wondering what she was doing at different moments in the day. perhaps i should be upset that her bus ride back to daycare was two hours long, but it was a good opportunity for a nap! georgia was simply too tired this evening to tell us all about her day. we coerced a few small snippets from her in the end, but we really know nothing except about the kid who screamed (all day long) and the boy with the bleedynose on the school bus. oh, and that she should have chosen taco salad for lunch and not the chicken sandwich.

next monday will be the real test. this one was easy to pass. here are a couple of pictures. little bit was most out of sorts this morning, having to arrive at daycare much earlier than usual and not getting to hang with the big sister until the end of the day!





daycare graduation





first day. first dawn. too early for this!!!


4 comments:

zjoandcsmom said...

Oh my goodness, I cannot believe Georgia has started kindergarten. Owen starts in 2 weeks and I know I will be a sad mama. I am sure Cait will be like Jules and be a bit lonely. Hope next week goes well.

I forgot you guys had a Daisy! We really hope she's not quite as dumb as our first dog. Have a good rest of your week.
kathy

Anonymous said...

Wow, I still can't believe we have children going in to Kindergarten. And I know I say this over and over again, but Georgia is just exquisitley beauitful, she just is..

I'll be sniff sniff in a month or so.

Lainey-Paney said...

Both of the gals are soooo cute!

Vickie said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog today! I just love your style here. We have loved being at Benton Heights...really, a lot!!!

Your little girl will have a great time here as well. I guess she's full time this week. You can do this!

I'll "stop in" again soon!