Wednesday, January 9, 2008

ballet for little juliet

oh boy. you have never seen such an excited little thing as monday when i picked up the girls for the first day of ballet class for the semester. the girls are now in the same class and juliet used some of her christmas money (i swear it was not my idea!) for ballet slippers and a leotard (i hate that word!). she's been practicing over the holidays but today was the big debut. miss bonita told the class about the spring recital-- a circus theme-- and that their class will be performing as cotton candy. i don't really get it-- i'm a pretty in-the-box thinker and so telling children they'll have to be living, breathing, spun sugar set to music is a bit out of my realm of thinking. but my kids DO get it, and they're super excited. here are a couple of pictures from the studio from monday---

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that pic of the girls is the sweetest, just such a good pic of how beautiful they are. you make the best looking good, you two.

i think i'd rather listen to music and eat cotton candy than to pretend to be it, though.

Laura said...

Awe - those photos are just precious.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your comments and will read some of your posts. It will be fun to hear your stories of the girls as my boys are almost the same age - we can compare gender roles!!!

thanks for sharing!

Lainey-Paney said...

that's sooooooo cute.

...I need a little girl. I'm surrounded by boys @ my house!
...even the dog & cat are male.
UGH.
I'm so outnumbered....

Lainey-Paney said...

i'm random, but I think you should take the pic of your car down. It's from several posts back....but it has your license plate # on it....cyber-crazies might be able to find you!

...and, maybe I'm overprotective...but still...better to be safe than sorry, right???

(and P.S. I'm sorry about your car!)

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh outloud with your comments about cotton candy. I miss your humor so much. That's why I love blogs... I don't feel so disconnected. The pictures are adorable!

Michelle said...

Your girls are adorable and don't feel bad about not getting the "cotton candy" thing. I am an abstract thinker and I still don't get it.

Jane Clarke said...

Adorable!
If I have a girl, I hope she likes ballet. It looks like fun!
xo
jane

shannonbone said...

deargirls,ilikeyourpurpleleotards
loveaidenbone